2 days left
ESG Analyst, Equity
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelity.com.
The Analyst will report to the Head of Fidelity’s ESG Stewardship which is part of the Fidelity Management & Research Equity group of Fidelity’s Asset Management Division. S/he will perform in depth research on portfolio companies, engage companies, and publish research and findings. The ESG Analyst provides general ESG research support to the Equity and Fixed Income investment teams. Responsibilities include gathering important industry data, publishing insights on thematic issues and trends, and consulting with portfolio managers and analysts to evaluate how these issues may impact investment theses.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated commitment and passion for the field of sustainable investing as well as an academic/ or work experience in markets or related research field. Additionally, the candidate should possess excellent communication, presentation and writing skills and be able to clearly articulate research findings. This role requires someone who is hard working, hungry to learn and achievement- and results-oriented.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience in investment analysis, research or associated areas, preferably in the fields of sustainability and/or ESG investing
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including macros and an aptitude for technology
- Experience with Bloomberg and FactSet strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience/interest/skill in quantitative analysis and research
- The ability to work with external information sources (analysts, companies, consultants)
- Experience in sourcing, manipulating and presenting data
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with multiple analysts
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills with a knowledge of PowerPoint and other social media/collaboration tools
- Knowledge of the asset management/investment industry a significant plus
- The ability to coordinate multiple simultaneous projects
The following values are considered to be fundamental to the way in which our company operates:
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.