If selected, you will serve as a senior accounting adviser in the Division of Enforcement, Boston Regional Office for the Enforcement program's area of program emphasis on corporate accounting.
- Provides forensic accounting expertise relating to complex and difficult accounting investigations, including the development and preparation of forensic accounting analysis and reports.
- Applies sophisticated accounting, auditing, and investigative skills to identify, analyze, and summarize evidence of financial fraud or other accounting related violations of the federal securities laws.
- Prepares detailed financial accounting findings and conclusions utilized in SEC administrative proceedings and/or federal court actions, and translates findings into terminology and formats which can be understood by both legal and lay personnel.
- Works with legal staff by reviewing subpoenas; identifies potential witnesses and takes testimony; analyzes documentary and/or testimonial evidence to determine potential for Commission action.
- Identifies accounting trends, problematic issues, and novel accounting processes being used by publicly held entities.
- Responds to inquiries on complex accounting and auditing matters from Commission staff, securities industry staff, other federal agencies, and the courts relating to Enforcement cases and proceedings.