Investment Analyst, Private Equity
Investment Analyst ‐ Private Equity
Pension Reserves Investment Management Board
The $70 billion Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management Board (PRIM) is seeking an Investment Analyst to be a key contributor on a small team that manages 12% ($8.3 billion) of the pension plan’s assets. PRIM’s portfolio was ranked as the #1 pension private equity portfolio by returns in 2018. Reporting to the Director of Private Equity, the Investment Analyst will contribute to managing a portfolio of private equity, growth equity, venture capital funds and direct investments in both U.S. and international markets across a wide variety of industries.
PRIM’s mission is to provide a professional investment service that maximizes the return on investment within acceptable levels of risk by broadly diversifying its investment portfolio, capitalizing on economies of scale to achieve cost-effective operations, and providing access to high quality, innovative investment management firms, all under the management of a professional investment staff and members of the PRIM Board and its Committees.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Sourcing and performing research on private investments and investment firms
- Conducting investment due diligence and investment analysis
- Monitoring portfolios and managers and benchmarking performance
- Researching private markets using both quantitative tools and qualitative analysis
- Preparing and presenting investment analysis to colleagues, PRIM’s Investment Committee and the PRIM Board
- Domestic and international travel required
- Bachelor’s degree demonstrating outstanding academic performance
- Relevant work and/or internship experience, preferably within investment management, investment banking, accounting or management consulting
- Experience with MS Office suite; high proficiency in Excel
- CFA, or willingness to pursue or progress towards CFA charter
It is the policy of Pension Reserves Management Board to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.
1. America Investment Council, Public Pension Study, May 2018.