Senior Bank Loan Credit Analyst
Analyzes and monitors current and potential portfolio investments in a variety of industries. Makes buy/hold/sell recommendations for holdings of non-investment grade secured debt of highly leveraged companies.
- Maintains active relationships with companies in portfolio sufficient to monitor and assess current and potential changes in risk and return.
- Analyzes quarterly financials of portfolio companies; produces quarterly analysis on performance.
- Follows changes in loan, bond and equity prices.
- Monitors earnings releases and news stories.
- Researches industry trends and compares the portfolio credits with industry peers.
- Writes credit summaries as well as presents and defends analysis to colleagues during credit committee.
- Develops, documents and defends hold level recommendations and trade opportunities.
- Maintains current opinions and recommendations for buy/sell/hold trade ideas for the group’s varied funds.
- Assists in mentoring and training junior analysts and interns.
- B.S./ B.A. with a strong academic record.
- 7 plus years related work experience.
- MBA and/or CPA a plus
- Excellent research knowledge, analysis, and decision making skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are essential. Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team which includes the ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Working knowledge of CLO’s, other structured vehicles and credit derivatives a plus