Municipal Research Analyst
The Municipal Research Analyst will be responsible for comprehensive credit analysis in all sectors of the investment grade municipal market.
- Review primary and secondary market offerings to determine credit quality with accompanying detailed written and spreadsheet analysis.
- Perform ongoing surveillance on current holdings.
- Monitor credit and sector trends for existing holdings.
- Make relative value decisions based on knowledge of the market.
- Improve municipal strategy total return by making effective investment recommendations.
- Clear oral and written presentation skills
- Discuss credit risk and attributes with portfolio managers.
- Work with traders to optimize execution of trades.
- Participate in team special projects and contribute to enhancements of the research process and proprietary database
- 4-8 years municipal bond credit analysis
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CFA preferred
- Experience with healthcare, transportation and state credits preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Bloomberg
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Capable of working in self-directed manner as well as a team player