Equity Portfolio Manager/Analyst
Boston Trust & Investment Management Company
and Walden Asset Management
Job Opening: Equity Portfolio Manager / Analyst
Boston Trust & Investment Management Company (“Boston Trust”) is an employee-owned firm that provides investment management and fiduciary services to individual and institutional investors. Walden Asset Management (“Walden”) is the sustainable, responsible, and impact (SRI) investing practice of Boston Trust. Together Boston Trust and Walden manage approximately $9 billion in client assets. The firm is widely recognized for its decades-long leadership in environmental, social, and governance (“ESG”) investing and active ownership. Boston Trust is a UN PRI signatory. We employ sixty-two people and are located in downtown Boston.
We seek an experienced investment professional to become a member of the portfolio management (PM) team responsible for the equity strategies of the firm. These strategies are employed in portfolios of both institutional and private wealth clients across the market capitalization spectrum. All equity strategies are actively managed, focusing on three key elements of a discrete investment philosophy: high financial quality, reasonable valuation, and business sustainability. All strategies follow a disciplined process. The consideration of ESG factors is integral to the firm’s investment strategies.
Work on a team contributing to the following:
- Collaborative development of model portfolios
- Fundamental research of current and potential portfolio holdings, across a range of economic sectors, with an emphasis on financial quality, sustainability, and valuation
- Contribute to continuous improvements to methodologies and processes
- Help enhance quantitative methods related to security selection and portfolio construction
- Individual portfolio and strategy-wide portfolio rebalancing and trading
- Presentations to and discussions with current and prospective clients and their investment consultants
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree in a relevant field and CFA designation preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five years of investment experience. In addition, at least two years working as a Portfolio Manager, and prior job responsibilities that involved rigorous fundamental analysis, as well as direct interaction with clients and consultants, are preferred.
Attributes: Candidates should excel in a team environment, possess intellectual curiosity, be well-grounded in investment theory and practice, and conduct themselves with the highest professional and ethical standards.
Skills: Candidates should possess some or all of the following skills:
- Equity portfolio management
- Financial statement analysis and fundamental research
- Quantitative methods in portfolio management
- Effective presentation to investment consultants and clients
- Superior oral and written communication
- Communicate complex ideas with simplicity
- ESG research analysis
Boston Trust & Investment Management Company and Walden Asset Management are committed to diversity in the workplace. We seek to create an environment where all employees’ abilities and energies are fully utilized. We believe diversity enhances our opportunity to build a high-performance culture that enables us to succeed in a competitive business. Reasonable accommodations will be made available to any applicant requesting them for the application process. Boston Trust & Investment Management Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.