Investment Analyst - Choate Investment Advisors
Choate Investment Advisors is a leading independent investment advisor that manages almost $5 billion in assets for high net worth families and institutions. Together with the Wealth Management Group at Choate, Hall & Stewart, we provide comprehensive family office services through sophisticated investment, estate planning, and tax advice. Our open architecture model of evaluating and providing access to the best-in-class asset managers allows us to be objective and provide clients with independent, unbiased advice. Our experienced investment team works with clients to achieve their unique personal and financial goals. We develop customized, integrated investment plans to achieve returns efficiently with minimized risk.
The Investment Analyst is responsible for supporting the investment team at Choate Investment Advisors across a range of critical areas. Candidates must be independent thinkers who thrive on challenges. A keen interest in the capital markets is a must, as well as analytical skills. The Investment Analyst will work with all members of the team, and will gain broad exposure to our investment process. We are looking for someone who is great at multi-tasking, has deep intellectual curiosity, and who thrives on new challenges and self-directed learning. The duties for this position include, but are not limited to, investment research tasks, client service support, trading and operations, and ad-hoc projects. This is an approximately three-year position after which the Investment Analyst would be expected to move on to graduate school, but may be extended in special circumstances.
- Support the team by conducting investment research
- Provide analytical support to all members of the investment team including updating quantitative tools and maintaining data in internal investment models
- Assist the investment team in collaborating with the Wealth Management Group on client-related data projects
- Assist with the creation of client communications, including drafting correspondence, and pulling data for exhibits, and analyzing performance and asset allocation
- Support the investment team with trading in client accounts, including meeting cash needs and rebalancing to target allocations
- Proof read client materials to ensure that all materials are properly formatted and error free
- Create and update customized reports for clients
- Maintain and update client presentation materials
- Learn and perform Monte Carlo analytics based on client scenarios
- Ensure that the company’s manager research database remains up to date
- Assist with the company’s website and social media platform
- Perform additional duties, including ad hoc projects, as requested
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a diverse team
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities with limited oversight
- Exceptionally detail oriented and well organized, with the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize a large workload with professionalism
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to maintain databases and update investment data
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with colleagues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with experience using PowerPoint and Excel in a work environment
- Physical Requirements:
- Must have minimal physical mobility. Position may occasionally require standing, walking, reaching, and lifting up to 15 pounds.
- Must have the ability to operate equipment such as a computer and copy machine.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and to read and follow detailed instructions.
- Must have the ability to prepare assorted documents and other related materials.
- Must have the ability to work in stressful conditions under time deadlines.
More searches like this
- Performance Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors