Client Service Associate
Title: Senior Client Service Associate
Manager: Director of Relationship Management
Department: Wealth Management
Location: Boston, MA; Concord, Manchester, and Portsmouth, NH
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Manager Position: No
NMLS# Required: No
EEOC Job Code:
Grade: Updated/Edited: March, 2018
Assists designated Relationship Manager in daily servicing of client accounts and participates in department activities and projects, as needed. Serves as primary backup to the Relationship Manager for all client interactions. Will have primary responsibilities for some client relationships.
- Assists clients in person, via telephone, and by email with any ongoing client service activities, including requests for, or changes to, account information and trust services, as authorized.
- Processes requests for cash disbursements, statements or tax information, web access support, questions on statements, and other client service related inquiries.
- Participates in select meetings with clients; assists Relationship Managers and/or Trust and Estate Managers in preparation of reports for client meetings.
- Provides coverage for assigned Relationship Managers and/or Trust and Estate Managers to provide continuous service to clients or other related parties; documents calls and requests, processes correspondence, and keeps Relationship Managers and/or Trust and Estate Managers informed of client communications and requests.
- Processes opening of new accounts through completion of required checklist, with input from Relationship Managers and/or Trust and Estate Managers and Operations staff; ensures account paperwork is in good order and imaged. Oversees set-up of new clients on trust accounting system to ensure accuracy of mailings, tax reports and statements, and account information.
- Maintains all account and client information on trust accounting system; oversees proper coding of disbursements, deliveries, and receipts on system and prepares related forms and documentation according to established procedures and policies.
- Processes timely closing of accounts, including appropriate distribution of cash and completion of required checklist; communicates ongoing updates on status and completion to Relationship Managers and/or Trust and Estate Managers.
- Participates in required annual account reviews of Relationship Managers and/or Trust and Estate Managers (Administrative Reviews and Principal and Income Reviews), initiating processes and preparation of review forms for completion and approval of Relationship Managers and/or Trust and Estate Managers.
- Supports Relationship Managers and/or Trust and Estate Managers with specialized, job specific responsibilities. If business situation allows, handles primary responsibilities in certain client relationships.
- Ensures documentation of all pertinent activities.
- Drafts letters, memoranda, spreadsheets, and other documents for Relationship Managers and/or Trust and Estate Managers, and for delivery to client, where appropriate.
- Files and images all relevant materials timely and accurately.
- Covers office, supports other (Sr.) Client Service Associate’s responsibilities in his/her absence, and covers phones for designated employees, as needed.
- Participates in assigned general duties for department.
- Anticipates needs of Relationship Managers and/or Trust and Estate Managers and provides superior support.
- Participates in department meetings with Operations, Tax, and Administration to keep current on procedures, resolve issues, and help to improve workflow and team relations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years financial services experience including 2 years’ experience in Wealth Management
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills with effective problem resolution.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proper business letter and email writing.
- Strong computer skills, including office software products such as word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications.
- Ability to prioritize, juggle variety of tasks, and interact with staff at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive attitude, team player, and willingness to accept new assignments and pitch in.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Normal office environment.
- Frequent sitting and standing at a desk.
- Heavy keyboard use.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.