Senior Portfolio Strategist
Cadence Capital Management, an affiliate of Pacific Global Asset Management (the asset management arm of Pacific Life Insurance Company), is a Boston-based independent investment adviser founded in 1988. We manage disciplined, systematic investment strategies ranging from global factor-based portfolios to active growth stock portfolios across the market capitalization spectrum.
Cadence is currently seeking a Senior Portfolio Strategist, to be based in our Boston office, who will focus on providing investment insights, service, and counseling to clients, prospects, and/or intermediaries for the factor-based strategies. The candidate will use multiple forms of communication to help explain the firm’s investment philosophy, process, and performance as well as provide updates on overall capital markets performance, economic trends, and the firm’s investment outlook. The role requires a seasoned investor with excellent communication, marketing/sales, and client relationship skills. While the Portfolio Strategist may be involved in product design and development, they will be primarily externally focused. As a result, a moderate amount of travel with the distribution team will be required.
- Provide clients, prospects, consultants, and intermediaries with ongoing updates and insights about the firm’s philosophy, process, performance, and investment outlook
- New business development
- Serve as “PM Proxy” and bring valuable insights back to investment team that may directly impact the management of portfolios
- Participate in investment strategy meetings with portfolio managers
- May assist in and/or is responsible for new product design and development
- Typically covers the largest and/or most complex prospects, consultants, clients/accounts
- As firm grows may serves as the lead contact on certain accounts and/or intermediaries
- Seasoned investment professional (typically has 10 or more years of investment experience)
- Broad understanding of the capital markets
- CFA Preferred
- Excellent communications skills
- In-depth knowledge of quantitative investment approaches
- Well-developed communication skills, both oral and written
WHERE YOUR POTENTIAL MEETS OUR PURPOSE:
At Cadence and Pacific Life, you are given the opportunities and challenges to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best, every day. What you find here is something special – it’s purposeful work done with a shared set of values that brings us all together.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and well-being of our employees • Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) • Generous vacation time and holiday pay • And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company