Quantitative Investment Research and Development
Strategic Advisers is a registered investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of FMR LLC that provides investment management services to clients through Fidelity’s retail and institutional distribution channels. For more than 20 years, Strategic Advisers has specialized in the design, construction and management of asset allocation solutions, as well as the methodologies for many of Fidelity’s investment planning tools, to help investors reach their financial goals. With over $300 billion in assets under management in a blend of Fidelity and third party investment vehicles, the Strategic Advisers team of investment professionals constructs and manages asset allocation portfolios for over one million customer accounts.
Fidelity Strategic Advisers continues to refine its mission of providing simplicity to customers’ complex financial needs. In the future, we expect clients to demand even more investment solutions from us. As a result, we anticipate a significant and sustained focus on investment solution innovation, research and development over the next several years.
As a member of this team, you will play a key role in the innovation, research and development of new investment solutions. You will collaborate across teams to both drive forward current research and development efforts and to pursue promising new investment solutions through from idea, design, pilot and to launch.
You will be a key player in the crafting, testing and piloting of new equity and fixed income strategies for managed account clients. You will work with the product team to outline design criteria and investment mandates. You will back-test strategies, conduct after-tax analysis and risk analysis to decide upon the optimal investment strategy. You will ensure that new strategies successfully transition from the R&D team to the investment management teams who are responsible for ongoing management. You may engage in a wide variety of innovation efforts within Strategic Advisers and across Fidelity.
Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years of experience in a quantitative equity research role
- Deep understanding of portfolio optimization methods and risk models
- Experience with quantitative portfolio tools such as Barra, Northfield and Factset
- Interest and experience in one or more areas such as factor research, manager selection, ESG, AI and machine learning
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with presenting results and concepts to large audiences
- After-tax research experience a plus
- Experience with R or Python a plus
- Willing to code and eager to learn
- Boston, MA
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.