Client Service Director
6 days left
Wanted: Seasoned equity investment professional to help revive the active management industry.
Do you write clearly and effectively, use easily understood language and metaphors to communicate complex concepts, and enjoy explaining new analytics to investment professionals? Would you like to combine your skills in writing, teaching, analysis, math, portfolio analytics and communications to assist equity portfolio managers become more self-aware and improve? Are you eager to join a high-performance team applying Behavioral Finance and proprietary analytics to professional investing? If this sounds like you then please read on.
Step forward 18 months …
The new release of our analytic software for equity portfolio managers has just earned an award from Bloomberg LP as the “Best advancement in portfolio technology in a decade.” All of us at Cabot Investment Technology want to thank you for helping make our goal a reality. We thought we needed someone with a B.A in Economics or Finance from a top university, the CFA designation, over eight years of experience in financial analysis (i.e., consulting to money management companies, analyzing stocks and/or managing a portfolio), a solid background in mathematics and the proven ability to write clearly to effectively support our clients and help bring the next release of our innovative, cloud-based analytic software to market. But we were wrong. You brought that and much more – it was your energy, creativity, problem solving skills, strong commitment to client service and ability to communicate clearly that really made the difference. And you accomplished it with an unparalleled blend of team work and individual contributions.
Now, back to the present …
Cabot Investment Technology, Inc. is the world’s leader at assisting equity portfolio managers in learning how to improve. We do it through a combination of rigorous analytics, web-based software and superior client experience (i.e. software as a service). We’re rapidly approaching completion of the next version of our cloud-based environment to catapult our patented analytics into a world class, market-changing application. What we need now to bolster our team is a highly talented and results-oriented financial professional to help our rapidly expanding group of clients better use our software and deepen and accelerate their ability to improve.
Here is what you will be expected to accomplish in your first year.
Initial 30 days
- Make significant progress towards understanding our unique analytic framework and the computations it supports.
- Become familiar with the analytic investigations performed with our software to quantify skills, investment process and behavioral tendencies.
- Develop the capacity to review and verify analytic results as presented within various charts, graphs and tables.
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of equity finance, portfolio analysis and Behavioral Finance concepts that are used within the Cabot service by participating in client meetings.
- Preview results of portfolio analyses, summarize key findings, and identify inconsistent and/or nonintuitive output.
- Prepare for client portfolio managers brief and impactful written summaries of analytic results, opportunities for improvement and their recent successes in implementing improvement plans.
- Intercept and resolve client inquiries regarding Cabot’s analytics, including information presented in various reports and the results within specific analyses.
- Assist in identifying and implementing proactive portfolio analyses that support clients in gaining self-awareness and improving.
- Meet with clients to help them realize greater value from the Cabot software and services, especially in integrating Cabot output into existing investment processes.
- Start preparing “use statements” and “white papers” that enable clients and prospects to understand how they can go about improving with the right analytic feedback.
- Participate in the development of user documentation for the new software being released in 2019.
You will be part of a small, high performance company, working directly with the Company’s founders and senior staff.
Specific skills and experience required include:
- Documented capacity to communicate complex topics simply and clearly, both written and oral. Samples of writing are required.
- Proven results learning and applying new financial concepts, particularly involving financial assets and market data.
- Confirmed ability to use basic algebra and statistics to investigate asset and portfolio questions.
- Clear history of high energy and tenacity applied to achieving difficult goals. Experience in financial consulting or management consulting a positive.
- Knowledge of and actual experience using Financial Theory, equity analysis, portfolio construction and industry portfolio analytic tools including attribution analysis, portfolio optimizers and risk models.
- Working knowledge of investment processes in regard to buying, selling and sizing stocks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or STEM, minimum
- CFA designation or advanced candidacy or MBA a plus.
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you’ve been looking for then please let us know. Send your writing samples (absolutely required) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you within 36 hours. Please no phone calls.
Cabot Investment Technology, Inc.
Cabot is the world’s leader in helping equity portfolio managers develop greater self awareness and improve. We do this through a web-based service that delivers extensive portfolio analytics and decision support. Our customers are professional equity portfolio managers located in the U.S. and globally, many of them are household names. You can learn more about our company at www.cabotintech.com.
This is a full time position. Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents and reside in the Boston area or be willing to relocate. Travel is required.