Research Associate – Auto Technology & Connected Mobility Group
- Conducting proprietary research covering auto technology and mobility industries as well as individual companies within our coverage universe
- Closely monitoring Auto and Auto Technology industry news & trends and tracking fundamental developments
- Building & maintaining financial models and monthly reports, performing due diligence and writing research notes
- Interacting with company management teams, internal corporate constituencies (e.g., sales and trading), and buy side clients
- Candidates should have a strong interest in working in the securities industry
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong fundamental analysis (financial and data)
- Verbal and written communication, and organization skills are required
- Candidate must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and comfortable initiating contact and interacting with research sources
Brief description of our team:
Our team currently consists of a lead analyst and the role will fill the lead associate position. We are in the process of launching sector research coverage with a focus on secular technology trends in automotive. The team’s daily schedule is dependent on particular assignments and quarterly reporting periods, but generally ranges around 12 hrs/day. The candidate would be required to complete the Series 7, 63, 86, & 87 licensing exams within a reasonable timeframe following his/her hiring.
Analyst Bio: David L. Kelley is a Senior Vice President and equity research analyst covering the Auto Technology & Connected Mobility sector. David has spent three years at Jefferies and has previously spent time at J.P. Morgan, BB&T Capital Markets and Avondale Partners. David has covered various segments of the automotive industry including Technology Suppliers and Vehicle Discretionary while also serving as lead associate for the automotive aftermarket team. He graduated from Clemson University with a BA in Economics and Owen Graduate School of Business at Vanderbilt University with a Master’s of Science in Finance.