Quantitative Analyst - Solutions Research
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Quantitative Analyst is responsible for conducting quantitative research and analysis within the multi-asset solution space.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
* Contribute to the development and maintenance of strategic asset allocation models based on various frameworks such as mean variance optimization, robust optimization and multi-period optimization.
* Help translate investment frameworks from various segments of the market (i.e. absolute investing, liability driven investing, insurance etc) into tangible client solution tools
* Model alternative asset classes in a consistent spirit with generic asset classes and identify how they can be used to improve client portfolio outcomes
* Seamlessly analyze and evaluate portfolios from both a factor lens and asset class lens
* Develop and maintain advisory reports to be shared with both retail and institutional clients
* Design and maintain procedures and tools that make data management and research more efficient
* Formulate new ideas for research that will help enhance frameworks and tools
* Follow academic research and industry trends so as to constantly incorporate best practices
* Work closely with various teams across the organization but most specifically with Solutions Advisory and Solutions Development and Implementation.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
* Up to three years of experience in a role entailing quantitative research and analysis within the context of multi-asset allocation
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
* Strong ability to learn and translate abstract principles into systematic algorithmic representations
* Excellent knowledge of statistics and optimization
* Excellent programming skills in Python, R or Matlab
* Experience managing and manipulating large data sets and working with databases
* Advanced skills in Excel (preferably including VBA)
* Very strong attention to detail with internal drive to sanity check and triangulate results
* Strong interpersonal and partnership skills with ability to work with individuals of various backgrounds
* Ability to prioritize work and allocate time efficiently to maximize impact to investment process
* Passion to deliver excellent work
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
* Advanced degree in quantitative disciplines such as engineering, finance, operations research, or econometrics is required. Some progress toward CFA designation or interest shown in the designation is required.
* Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and temperatures; Required to push, pull, lift or otherwise move weights up to 10 pounds.
* Required to sit for up to 90% of the work day; Typically works hours consistent with the hours of various financial markets and may be required to work additional hours as needed to attend evening or other functions.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.