About Prime Buchholz
Prime Buchholz LLC was established in 1988 and has grown to become a leading, completely independent investment consulting firm advising more than 260 institutional clients. Headquartered in Portsmouth, NH—with offices in Boston and Atlanta—Prime Buchholz was one of the first investment consulting firms to develop in-depth expertise in alternative investments such as hedge funds, private equity, and real assets.
Our clients include educational endowments, private and public foundations, cultural and religious organizations, health care and insurance organizations, pension plans, and high net worth families. We work closely with our clients to create, implement, and monitor investment policies and asset allocation strategies to meet their unique investment goals.
Long-term client partnerships are a cornerstone at Prime Buchholz. The firm is employee-owned, and clients can expect personal service from a deeply experienced team that puts client needs first.
At Prime Buchholz, we’re driven every day by our mission—and passion—to help our clients build the financial strength necessary to turn their visions into reality.
The Research Associate supports the manager due diligence and monitoring processes—including data retrieval, analysis, and written commentary—and requires an understanding of general and current market trends and events. Effective communication skills, the ability to independently develop analysis, and multi-tasking are key ingredients for success in the position. Over time, the right candidate for this position will have the potential to take on increasing levels of responsibility and manager, strategy, and market coverage.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a key resource in all aspects of investment manager research and financial market analysis
- Participate in the manager due diligence process through performance analysis, universe screens, writing meeting notes and quarterly highlights, authoring reports, and performing other related activities at the direction of the lead Research Analysts
- Assist in the manager monitoring process, reviewing and analyzing performance and portfolio characteristics, taking part in calls/meetings with managers, attending manager and industry conferences, and writing summaries of the analysis for internal and external audiences
- Take on lead responsibility for select initial manager review requests, under the direction of lead analysts
- Assist in authoring monthly and quarterly market commentaries
- Provide general research and tactical support to senior professionals, including special projects, asset class implementation research, client reviews, and market/manager analysis
- Prepare reports, presentations, and other documents for clients and internal asset class and investment committees; effectively and concisely communicate (both written and verbal) information to internal and external audiences
- Coordinate and collaborate with various departments to fulfill client needs
- Understand and follow all departmental and firm-wide policies and procedures
- Continually identify ways to further leverage our proprietary and third-party databases to improve efficiencies and output
- Regularly review relevant trade journals to identify industry trends, market developments, and/or material manager events
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or similar field required; CFA or CAIA designation (or progress toward these credentials) preferred
- Minimum of three years financial industry experience
- Fixed Income experience is preferred, but open to candidates with experience in other asset classes, including: flexible capital (i.e., hedge funds), global equity, private equity, and real assets.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and strong analytical aptitude
- Must be a team player with effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail, financial acumen, and adherence to deadlines
- Exercises professional conduct with both internal and external representatives
- Experience using QuickBase, eVestment, FactSet, Investmetrics, and/or Morningstar preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel (conferences, manager meetings, etc.)
What we Offer
- Meaningful work and mission – You already know we help bring our clients’ dreams to fruition; what sets us apart is that we do it with a rare independence that allows us to put clients first—always.
- Direct access to firm principals – Our size allows for firm wide collaboration and regular exposure to our leaders.
- Respect for (and flexibility that allows for) work/life balance – And—while you’re at the office—a genial, collaborative office culture.
- Opportunities for growth, both personal and professional – We encourage professional development and internal advancement. We also actively support our employees’ community volunteerism, as well as mental and physical health activities.
- Location – City vibe or country charm—you don’t have to choose. We’re headquartered in the small, historic city of Portsmouth, NH. And while it may be small, it packs cultural, culinary, and entertainment punches strong enough to keep ears ringing nationwide.
- Business hours – Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
- Dress code – Business casual attire.
- Fun! – There’s no taking away from how seriously we take our mission, but we also enjoy a relaxed atmosphere. We even have a Fun Committee. Think catered lunches, firm outings and activities, lunchtime fitness classes, and more.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, and tuition reimbursement.
Prime Buchholz is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Other Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors