Director, Consultant Relations
Founded in 1979, Polen Capital is a global investment management firm advising over $20 billion in assets and providing high value-added quality growth investment strategies to sophisticated clients around the world. The Firm seeks to attract, develop, and retain exceptional professionals who are committed to our goal of preserving and growing our clients’ assets to protect their present and enable their future. Polen Capital has two autonomous investment teams that oversee a global equities universe of high-quality growth companies. The Boca Raton-based Large Company Growth team, manages three large company strategies: Focus Growth, Global Growth, and International Growth. The Boston-based Small Company Growth team manages U.S. Small Company Growth and International Small Company strategies. Polen Capital’s investment portfolios are offered through various investment vehicles to accommodate client mandates. Polen Capital benefits from significant, broad-based employee ownership.
- Polen Capital is a growth company – Over the past five years, Polen Capital has experienced significant growth, becoming a leader in active growth management.
- High visibility with Firm leadership – This position reports directly to the Head of Distribution.
- Meritocracy environment – Polen Capital prides itself on being a pure meritocracy company allowing exceptional employees to be rewarded for exceptional work.
- Entrepreneurial setting – Although the Company has roughly 65 employees and has been in business for 30+ years, it continues to grow year over year, therefore giving the individual in this role a special opportunity to build and shape an enterprise with a highly skilled, tight-knit global leadership team.
The Director, Consultant Relations is a senior member of the Distribution Team. The successful candidate will have an advanced level of consultant channel sales and relationship management expertise and an unwavering commitment to service excellence. The role will involve working with strategic relationships and partners to understand their investment needs and identify potential solutions. The role is responsible for strategy development and includes management responsibilities.
The core responsibility of this position is to advance the business development efforts of the firm, with the goal of expanding and retaining the client base while providing a best-in-class service experience.
- Directly responsible for consultant expansion and retention in the consultant channel, including expansion at global, national and regional consulting firms. Proactively identify appropriate prospects and cultivate relationships.
- Effectively articulate the Firm’s value proposition in the marketplace through meetings, presentations, product campaigns, road shows and conferences.
- Collaborate with the target audience to gather information on needs and opportunities. Share market insights within the firm and provide actionable recommendations.
- Utilize deep channel and market knowledge to develop and execute business plans.
- Execute the business plan throughout the year. Track metrics such as sales/flows, exposure for investment strategies, consultant approvals/recommendations and activities against targets. Analyze and report on relevant metrics, making the appropriate adjustments to strategy and tactics to meet goals. Hold the team accountable for achieving targets.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Polen Capital investment strategies and vehicles, and their application in client portfolios.
- Communicate effectively within the firm regarding business initiatives and territory opportunities, including documentation of activities and opportunity milestones.
- Represent the Firm with integrity and model Firm values and professional standards. Act and be recognized as a leader in the firm.
- Coaches, trains and mentors team members. The role includes supervisory responsibilities. Must motivate others and create a positive, collaborative work environment.
- Lead special projects and assignments as requested. Develop and execute solutions to business issues that impact the Firm and its clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a business field (preferred) and minimum 10 years professional experience in asset management or financial services. Advanced designation (CFA, CAIA, etc.) is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of developing relationships with the consultant community (such as Mercer, Callan, etc.)
- High client service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with exceptional people skills that contribute to the ability to work well with others toward common goals.
- Prior experience as a manager.
- Must be well organized, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to prioritize effectively.
- Able to seamlessly shift between strategic and tactical areas of focus.
- Commitment to agility, continuous learning and improvement.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses or ability to become licensed within 3 months of firm employment.
- U.S. Permanent Work Authorization (required)
- Boca Raton, FL; Boston, MA; other U.S. major metropolitan areas will be considered
- Full-time Employee
- Travel required, approximately 25-50% of time as needed