5 days left
The Portfolio Manager/Trader is responsible for a) managing multi-asset class portfolios in individual trust, taxable and non-taxable, and retirement accounts and b) managing the trading of securities for Nixon Peabody LLP’s PCG Investment group and Watch Point Trust Company (WPTC). This position works closely with the PCG Investment Department, PCG trustee’s (portfolio management), and NP Trust Operations/back office and Trust Administrators (trade settlement and trust reporting).
- Manage, evaluate, and monitor complex or high value investment portfolios, focused on investing and/or raising cash for individual, multi-generational trusts and retirement accounts.
- Invest based on NP long term investment approach, using top down asset allocation and bottoms up stock selection in large cap US equities.
- Invest per NP approved list and with return/risk objectives consistent with each trust or account’s Investment Policy Statements (IPSs), applying the group’s target global themes to individual portfolios.
- Trade requested equity/fixed income securities released by the investment portfolio managers, who advise attorneys and trustees on in-house managed NP and WPTC trusts and accounts. Perform other trades for other NP trust accounts as required.
- Ensure appropriate alignment of cash levels/trade settlement dates when trading across a set of diverse securities.
- Gather and report to the DI periodically on trading volume, counterparty volumes, and turnover.
- Act as a liaison for NP Portfolio Managers and portfolio management system vendors and personnel.
- Maintain and update investment reports, including Weekly Market Review, Idea Set, Coverage List, Mutual Fund Report, Portfolio Manager Account Lists, NP Asset Tracker, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 2-5 years of portfolio management/trading experience, preferably with a focus on high value portfolios and/or trust accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus Master’s Degree and/or Industry Certification, e.g., CFA, CFP, etc., or progressing toward such designations.
- Proven experience managing portfolios for total return, income and/or growth objectives.
- Experience managing trusts and taxable/non-taxable accounts.
- Experience in trading public securities, primarily equity and fixed income.
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Passion for financial markets, valuations and trading systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Self-starter with a results-driven personality; able to translate research into actionable ideas for client portfolios.
- Direct experience and comfort with PM/Order entry systems, financial systems and tools for analysis (FactSet, Bloomberg, Morningstar, etc.).
Nixon Peabody LLP is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer: Disability / Female / Gender Identity / Minority / Sexual Orientation / Veteran