Business Development Manager
We are a Boston-based investment manager that provides global and international equity investment strategies and fund products to institutional investors such as pension plans, endowments, foundations, and registered/unregistered commingled investment funds. We are a registered investment adviser with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and a registered commodity trading advisor and commodity pool operator with the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Our firm manages over $90 billion for over 175 client relationships in North America, Europe and Australasia. Our offices are located at 200 Clarendon Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
This individual, based in Boston, will be responsible for Arrowstreet’s business development and consulting relationship management efforts in a territory in the US. The Business Development Manager (BDM) will work alongside other BDMs and Client Relationship Managers in Boston and London. The role reports to the Head of Business Development & Consultant Relations and is supported by Business Development Associates, all of whom are based in Boston.
The candidate must have record of success in business development in the institutional target market, establishing and executing a robust and creative marketing plan, and building sophisticated relationships with investment consultants. In addition, the individual will be expected to develop and maintain strong relationships with a number of internal business partners, effectively communicate complex investment methodologies, and handle numerous tasks simultaneously while meeting critical deadlines. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and have the ability to prioritize and manage opportunities and projects on their own, as well as manage and work in a team environment.
This person must be self-motivated, intellectually curious, confident, mature and comfortable working independently. Significant travel is expected.
- Professionally represent the firm in the institutional marketplace, including corporate and public pensions (DB and DC), endowments, foundations, OCIO, and funds of hedge funds
- Profile our investment strategies in a way consistent with our business strategy, policies, and culture
- Identify prospects, build relationships, develop, qualify and close new business opportunities on terms and conditions consistent with the firm’s business objectives
- Develop, build, strengthen, manage, and deepen investment consultant relationships
- Leverage firm resources in a thoughtful and diligent fashion
- Communicate and collaborate with other BDMs and Relationship Management colleagues up and down the organization
- Ensure marketing efforts, materials, and proposals are current, accurate, and compliant
- Assist on client related matters as necessary
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, or Marketing
- An MBA or other graduate degree in finance preferred
- CFA is strongly preferred
- At least 10 years of institutional business development and consultant relations experience
- Direct hedge fund marketing track record is preferred
- Experience in the Defined Contribution market would be advantageous
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills regarding investment topics
- Familiarity with quantitative equity investing would be useful
- Entrepreneurial enthusiasm and optimism
- Experience or aptitude with systems including Satuit (or other CRM systems), SharePoint, Microsoft Office, S&P MMD, Preqin, and eVestment