Lead Systems Analyst, Investment Risk Applications (18-00106)
They are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because they believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, they welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
This is a hands-on analyst role requiring expertise in Investment Risk and ability to contribute to multiple projects at the same time
- Be a hands-on subject matter expert in Investment Risk technologies
- Implement and sustain a “best in class” systems platform to enhance, maintain, and support the suite of Risk applications
- Provide leadership in delivering software applications by collaborating with a broad range of business and IT teams to implement solutions to address complex business workflows
- Work with the development team to lead the entire software lifecycle development process including end-to-end systems analysis, functional design, UX design, testing and implementation and deployment of Risk software solutions to the production environment.
- Interface with senior members of user community in an iterative manner to understand and design solutions. The ability to articulate and present systems capabilities in business-outcome terms to business teams is a core competency of this role.
- Partner and coordinate efforts with business users, software developers, database architects, and external software and data vendors both on and off shore
- Provide business specifications and work with the development team to translate them to technical specifications
- Build and validate prototypes (in Excel, Python, Java, or Java Script)
- Facilitate identification of needs broadly shared across business units. Highlight potential high value add opportunities that might serve specific areas
- Assist business governance structures in prioritizing these needs by providing cost-benefit insights
- Refine estimation, planning, development / integration, testing and deployment processes
- Establish timely and frequent two way communication with stakeholders
- 7+ years of experience in delivering Investment Risk technology solutions in investment management or financial services environments.
- Ability to manage a small team of individuals to deliver best-in-breed technology solutions.
- Excellent understanding of Investment Risk.
- Strong understanding of financial instruments across all asset classes (equity, fixed income, currency, commodity).
- Good understanding of Derivatives.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Proven delivery record working as an individual contributor or subject matter expert on Investment Risk related projects.
- Ability to think, communicate and act strategically. Ability to back up strategic thinking with reliable delivery.
- Strong leadership and change management capabilities.
- Broad understanding of current technologies with ability to review merits of proposed architectures and validity of effort estimates.
- Demonstrated track record through the systems development lifecycle, with proven expertise in the analysis, delivery and support of major applications.
- Experience with global delivery and support.
- Keen intellect, strong communication skills and collaborative instincts.
- Strong judgment and integrity.
- Innovative, resourceful and risk tolerant.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Experience and success operating in an Agile development environment. Understanding of the Agile development methodology and iterative development.
- B.S. or advanced degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance or related subject.
- CFA, FRM or work towards one is a plus.