Research Analyst – Provide Qualitative Investment Insights to Clients
- Do you find doing qualitative analysis intellectually stimulating, especially when there is no clear right or wrong answer?
- Do you find reading and writing about business strategy, operations and performance thought provoking?
- Do you consider taking ownership of your work, continuously developing your analytical skills and sharing your expertise with others as an important measure of success?
Business Intelligence Advisors, Inc. (“BIA”) is an independent investment research firm which provides a unique edge to institutional investors and hedge funds. BIA uses a proprietary behavioral assessment methodology, that was developed by U.S. intelligence professionals, to critically analyze the language used in company disclosures and ascertain for investors when management teams are conveying incomplete and unreliable information.
BIA is seeking qualified candidates who are interested in providing qualitative analysis and insights to help clients make investment decisions. As a new hire, you will work closely with Senior Analysts and Research Managers to conduct intensive analysis of verbal corporate disclosures and deliver written reports to clients. You will gain valuable research and analytical experience and will become well versed in business strategy, performance metrics and terminology. You will also gain broad exposure to the buy side investment audience and financial markets. Because BIA is an entrepreneurial company, your work will directly contribute to growth and success of the business; and if you excel you frequently will be given opportunities to stretch your project management, leadership and client facing skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Learn to utilize behavior assessment to analyze public company disclosures, including earnings calls, conferences and press releases
- Review public company disclosures to determine where management's presentations are not complete or reliable
- Use rigorous analytical thought processes to develop unique insight and perspectives on company performance and expected results
- Write reports that clearly articulate your analysis, reasoning and conclusions
- Present and defend your research and conclusions to colleagues and clients
- Provide investor clients with questions to ask management teams
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and evaluate key information
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Avid observer of and keen interest in human behavior and communication
- Familiarity with or interest in business strategy, operations and financial performance
- Ability to reach logical conclusions and clearly articulate those conclusions both in writing and orally
- Demonstrated ability to learn rapidly
- Comfort receiving direct feedback
- Able to thrive in a high-stakes environment that requires decision-making under uncertainty
- Self-motivated and able to deliver high quality results under tight deadlines
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree including coursework in business, economics, finance and other relevant subjects
- New graduates or those with up to 2 years of work experience ideal
- Strong academic achievement. GPA of 3.5+ strongly preferred
A combination of excellent performance and increased experience in the Analyst role will make you eligible for promotion to Senior Analyst within two to three years. As a Senior Analyst, you will focus more on advanced analysis, project management and direct client interaction.
Interested candidates should submit a (no more than) 250-word statement that describes a business or market-related story from the past two weeks where examination of executive communications could reveal interesting insights. This statement, or a cover letter, and your resume are required for consideration for the Analyst role. The documents should be sent to email@example.com. Your resume/CV should include your GPA information (overall and major).
Business Intelligence Advisors welcomes candidates that bring unique and diverse backgrounds and experiences. A commitment to serving clients, teamwork, accountability, and integrity form the foundation of a challenging and exciting career at BIA. There is an expectation of a minimum three-year commitment to the role.
Direct candidates only and no phone calls, please. BIA can only consider candidates who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.