Investment Process Oversight Analyst
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Fiduciary & Investment Risk Oversight Group (FIRO) within Corporate Risk,is responsible for independently overseeing fiduciary & investment risk across the enterprise. Our environment continues to be one of heightened standards, raised risk consciousness, and regulatory requirements. This role provides credible challenge to the lines of business, consistent with the Wells Fargo Vision & Values and risk appetite.
The Investment Process Oversight Analyst will report to the Senior Manager of Investment Risk Oversight, and will work closely with the Director of Investment Process Oversight and the broader Investment Risk unit of FIRO to support and contribute to a strong, independent risk management function for investment risk oversight within Wells Fargo.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Together with the Director of Investment Process Oversight, assist in designing and implementing an effective investment process oversight program tailored specifically to the requirements of the WFC independent risk management framework, working together with the individual lines of business and risk managers. Promote best practices while identifying and mitigating potential gaps through a qualitative and quantitative approach. Support Wells Fargo senior management's evaluation of investment capabilities, performance, and risk.
- Understand, oversee, and provide credible challenge related to investment processes including product development and implementation, asset allocation, manager research, and portfolio management functions. This may include regular oversight meetings with various investment teams and collaborative participation in investment related committee meetings.
- Oversight activities to include advisory, brokerage, corporate trust, wealth, retirement, and asset management businesses. Oversight coverage to include all asset classes, such as equity, fixed income, and alternatives. Both public funds and private funds are in scope for oversight coverage.
- Leverage regulatory requirements/guidelines and industry best practice to assist in developing corporate level policies relating to investment activities.
- Develop investment process monitoring methodologies and metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of risk management at the front line level.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of WFC managers' investment processes, professional personnel, trading disciplines, risk controls, performance, etc.
- Recommend actions to mitigate and manage risk and ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain relationships and work collaboratively with line of business investment teams and investment risk managers.
- Provide timely and accurate investment risk insights to Senior Manager of Investment Risk Oversight and Director of Investment Process Oversight.
- Execute event based ad-hoc analysis in support of FIRO’s Investment Risk Oversight team.
- Prepare reporting packages (routine, special, or ad hoc), maintaining Investment Risk Oversight’s content for submission to ongoing reports, and research potential risks for review by Investment Risk Oversight team.
- 2+ years of capital markets experience, desk analyst experience, or a combination of both
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business administration, economics, accounting, finance, or other business related field
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills consistent with roles and responsibilities of independent risk management in the Wells Fargo & Co. Risk Management Framework
- 2+ years investment management industry experience that includes a thorough knowledge of all investment asset classes, including alternative assets and portfolio analytics
- 2+ years in an investment oversight, risk management, or similar role
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or demonstrated progress toward the designation
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to work proactively with product managers, strategists, investment managers, and analysts, and to consult with them on their work product
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.