Global Equity Analyst
We are looking for a dynamic individual to serve as a Boston-based analyst on the Global Equity Team, which has investors based in Boston and London. The analyst will be responsible for evaluating and recommending alpha-seeking investment opportunities in public equity securities within assigned global industries. The assigned industries will depend on the candidate’s experience, but may include some or all of the following: Chemicals, Paper & Packaging, Utilities and Media.
- Generate strong and consistent alpha across global and international equity portfolios applying a bottom-up, fundamental investment process.
- Initiate and sustain high-quality fundamental equity analysis of publicly traded securities within designated industry coverage.
- Energetically pursue diligent equity research through various sources of information.
- Assess ESG factors as part of a holistic analysis of companies and industries.
- Generate and proactively communicate investment recommendations on individual securities, as well as provide views on the attractiveness of relevant industries.
- Develop and maintain differentiated investment theses for individual securities, supported by detailed financial modeling, financial projections, and an appropriate price target framework.
- Diligently document all recommendations and updates, including price targets and stock ratings on the EV equity research system.
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with other analysts on the Global, US Value, US Growth Cap, US Small Cap, and Global Small Cap investment teams in order to facilitate the sharing and debate of relevant information and investment ideas.
- Proactively participate in all global team meetings, taking a holistic view of portfolios managed by the Global Equity Team, and actively participating in debate of securities across all sectors.
- Master’s degree and CFA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years buy-side investment experience, preferably with experience investing in Chemicals, Paper & Packaging, Utilities and/or Media.
- Experience covering and investing in international (non-U.S.) equities.
- Consistently strong alpha generator with a demonstrable track record.
- Comfort in engaging in active debate with colleagues regarding investment opportunities.
- Sound judgment and willingness to take appropriate risk within equity investing.
- Superior understanding of securities analysis, accounting, valuation methods, qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Experience in incorporating ESG analysis into the investment process.
- Excellent research knowledge, analysis and decision making skills.
- Strong math orientation and numerical aptitude.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team, which includes the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Advanced computer skills and strong attention to detail.
This policy applies to Eaton Vance Corp. and all subsidiary companies (the “Company”)
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. © Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110