Senior Portfolio Manager
A boutique Boston-based firm specializing in Socially Responsible Investing catering to high net worth individuals, trusts, retirement accounts, foundations, and faith-based institutions.
The firm is seeking a Senior Portfolio Manager to take over a number of existing accounts and will also be expected to manage a portion of new business. She or he will assist in growing the firm and be proactive in establishing new client relationships. The Senior Portfolio Manager will participate actively in every aspect of the investment process.
The PM will build and manage portfolios of individual securities for client accounts with varying risk profiles and ESG concerns. They will manage and coordinate the day-to-day communications with clients, including responding to requests for information, helping them plan and evaluate financial events such as home, car, or other asset purchases, assistance with estate planning questions, referrals to estate and tax experts as appropriate, and providing explanations and detail regarding actions taken or contemplated with their portfolios. A further responsibility will be to develop, document, implement, and regularly update each client’s investment objectives and circumstances.
The PM will be expected to actively participate in Investment Committee meetings.
Skills and Experience
The position calls for a mature, analytical, and trustworthy individual with strong finance, portfolio management and communication skills, including:
• Knowledge of, and interest in, investments screened with environmental, social, and gover-nance concerns.
• Comfort with an investment methodology using a top down approach that is strongly focused on avoiding large losses rather than maximizing potential gains.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience managing individual portfolios.
• Holding a CFA, CFP as well as graduate degree will be strongly preferred.
• Experience providing advice to individual clients about investments as well as related matters.
The firm offers a compensation program that includes base salary, annual bonus, and equity partici-pation in the business. Additionally, the firm provides fully paid health insurance, a fully paid defined benefit plan and full compensation for public transportation commuting.
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org