Relationship Associate - Business Development
3 days left
Founded in 1979, Polen Capital is a global investment management firm advising over $20 billion in assets and providing high value-added quality growth investment strategies to sophisticated clients around the world. The Firm seeks to attract, develop, and retain exceptional professionals who are committed to our goal of preserving and growing our clients’ assets to protect their present and enable their future. Polen Capital has two autonomous investment teams that oversee a global equities universe of high-quality growth companies. The Boca Raton-based Large Company Growth team, manages three large company strategies: Focus Growth, Global Growth, and International Growth. The Boston-based Small Company Growth team manages our U.S. Small Company Growth strategy. Polen Capital’s strategies are offered through various investment vehicles to accommodate a broad range of client mandates. Polen Capital benefits from significant, broad-based employee ownership.
- Polen Capital is a growth company – Over the past five years, Polen Capital has experienced significant growth, becoming a leader in active growth management.
- Meritocracy environment – Polen Capital prides itself on being a pure meritocracy company allowing exceptional employees to be rewarded for exceptional work.
- Entrepreneurial setting – Although the Company has roughly 50 employees and has been in business for 30+ years, it continues to grow year over year, therefore giving the individual in this role a special opportunity to build and shape an enterprise with a highly skilled, tight-knit global leadership team.
The Relationship Associate-Business Development is a member of the Distribution Team. The role provides sales support to senior institutional salespeople. The successful candidate will have an unwavering commitment to service excellence. The role will involve working with prospects, clients and partners to understand their investment needs and identify potential solutions.
The core responsibility of this position is to support the business development efforts of the firm, with the goal of expanding and retaining the client base while providing a best-in-class service experience to achieve firm-wide initiatives.
- Proactively make calls in the assigned territory to generate market visibility for the firm and increase sales.
- Provide an in-office point of contact to answer questions and facilitate completion of requests and questions.
- Document activities and opportunity milestones in the contact management system.
- Coordinate completion of requested RFPs, DDQs and reporting requests.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of market dynamics and Firm investment strategies and offerings.
- Represent the firm with integrity and operate in accordance with Firm values and professional standards.
- Contribute to special projects and assignments as requested.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a business field or one to three years professional experiences, preferably in asset management or financial services.
- High client service orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with excellent people skills that contribute to the ability to work well with others toward common goals.
- Strong computer skills and ability to quickly learn and integrate new technology applications. Knowledge of CRM systems helpful.
- Must be well organized, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to prioritize effectively.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Commitment to agility, continuous learning and improvement.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses or ability to become licensed within 6 months of firm employment.
- U.S. Permanent Work Authorization (required)
- Boca Raton, FL or Boston, MA
- Full-time Employee
- Candidates demonstrating both the desire and ability to conduct external meetings may progress to an external client-facing role.