Investment Grade Bond Trader
Columbia Threadneedle, the Global asset management subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, is seeking an Investment Grade Corporate Bond Trader to join the firm in its Boston, MA or Minneapolis, MN office.
* Under appropriate direction, responsible for executing purchases and sales as authorized by Portfolio Managers, senior traders and/or the Head of Trading.
* Assist Portfolio Managers in the daily surveillance of fixed income accounts, appropriately communicating key activity relative to account guidelines and parameters.
* Provide market-related insight that helps Portfolio Managers identify relative value opportunities for the accounts.
* Act as a trading point person for a team of Portfolio Managers overseeing Institutional and Retail investment grade credit based portfolios. Point of contact with Street counterparties - aggregating axes, collecting and disseminating market color, and executing trades.
* Will be expected to know various client guidelines and restrictions and utilize pre-trade compliance checks.
* Will interact with senior traders, research partners and other internal constituents on a regular basis.
* BA/BS degree, CFA or CFA track preferable.
* Minimum of 2-3 years' experience trading investment grade corporate securities preferably for a buy-side firm.
* Inquisitive mind interested in all aspects of the fixed income markets.
* Self-motivated team player with strong verbal communication skills.
* Strong problem solving skills, analytical framework and computer skills with a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Bloomberg.
* Comfortable interacting with and taking direction from senior investment professionals.
* Able to multi task/prioritize in a fast pace environment.
* Rigorous attention to detail.
* Proficiency with Bloomberg, MarketAxess, Tradeweb, Liquidnet. Blackrock Solution's Aladdin-OMS usage a plus.