Lead Systems Analyst /Quant Analytics
You will continually learn, develop, and expand your skills. As part of an inclusive culture, you will meet smart, progressive individuals who will challenge you to solve problems, anticipate their clients' needs, and enhance their proprietary systems and platforms.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Systems Analyst to join a strong, collaborative team in a role focusing on analysis with leadership with advancement opportunities. You will be responsible for requirements, systems analysis, prototyping, testing, and project management.
This position requires a high level of direct interaction with business users and excellent communication and delivery skills. You must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work on a variety of assignments with people at all levels of the organization.
- Be a part of the team responsible for the implementation and production of analytics and risk statistics across all asset classes (Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, FX, and Derivatives)
- Interact directly w/business partners at all levels of the organization to define, analyze & document requirements, and set priorities. Act as a champion for the needs of the business partners & a trusted advisor
- Develop strong partnerships with the delivery team to ensure on time, scalable & high quality business solutions
- Provide input into system design to help the programming teams define effort and implementation schedules
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing high standards in testing and building audit/validation controls
- Act as an escalation point person for support issues that require detailed analysis and management
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking
- Minimum 8+ years' experience as a systems analyst in the financial services industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus. Experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs.
- Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Change agent, creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast paced team environment
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high degree of ownership of outcomes
- Experience in Financial Services systems including:
- Practical understanding of financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, swaps, options, futures, forwards, asset backed securities, mortgages, etc..
- Experience with advanced investment data concepts such as holdings, transactions, security master, analytics, and performance.
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL and relational database technology
- Working knowledge of Python will be a big plus
- Experience supporting critical production applications
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle
- Bachelor's degree is required
- CFA Institute Claritas Certificate, CFA Charter or progress towards one considered an asset