Fundamental Research Analyst, Strategic Advisers, LLC
Strategic Advisers, Inc. (SAI) is a registered investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of FMR LLC that provides investment management services to clients through Fidelity’s retail and institutional distribution channels. For more than 25 years SAI has specialized in the design, construction and management of asset allocation solutions, as well as the methodologies for many of Fidelity’s investment planning tools, to help investors reach their financial goals. With close to $350 billion in assets under management in a blend of Fidelity and third party investment vehicles, the SAI team of investment professionals constructs and manages asset allocation portfolios for close to 1,200,000 customer accounts.
SAI’s Fundamental Research team consists of 24 Analysts and Associates in Boston, Massachusetts and 7 Research Associates and Specialists in Bangalore, India. The Fundamental Team is organized into asset classes that include US Equity, International Equity, Fixed Income, and Alternatives. To support SAI investment solutions, the Fundamental Research Team monitors over 2,000 Fidelity and non-Fidelity funds and actively researches over 1,000 investment strategies (mutual funds, sub-advisers, separately managed accounts and ETFs).
As a Fundamental Research Analyst, you will report to the Director of Research. Your responsibilities will include coverage of the U.S. Equity Large Cap peer group and performing extensive due diligence and research on portfolio managers within that universe. This position is located at the company’s headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Identify the most compelling equity strategies and recommend the best managers to execute on those selected investment disciplines.
- Perform extensive due diligence on portfolio managers within the U.S. Equity Large Cap peer group.
- Lead meetings with portfolio managers to discuss portfolio strategy, investment team philosophy, and investment process and strategy objectives.
- Conduct rigorous analysis of portfolio managers’ performance, risk and holdings using analytical tools including Bloomberg, FactSet, MPI Stylus, Barra, Morningstar, Style Research and other quantitative tools.
- Perform quarterly oversight of owned sub-advisers and identify/analyze new sub-adviser prospects.
- Make buy/sell/hold investment recommendations on assigned equity strategies.
- Publish research reports on selected managers and the broader peer group.
- Assist SAI Portfolio Managers with tactical/strategic positioning for the Large Cap segment of the market.
- Communicate investment recommendations to SAI Portfolio Managers through written reports, group presentations and 1:1 meetings.
- Provide detailed peer group performance analysis.
- Actively participate in team discussions and asset class initiatives.
- 5 or more years of investment experience with demonstrated track record of impactful research and recommendations
- Real passion for investing and strong knowledge of and interest in capital markets in general
- Willingness and desire to travel to meet with portfolio managers
- CFA credential and/or Masters’ degree preferred
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to comprehend complex market and investment statistics
- Demonstrated expertise using quantitative analytical tools to assess investment strategies
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want— from the 23 million people investing their life savings, to the 20,000 businesses managing their employee benefits programs, to the 10,000 advisors and institutions needing innovative technology solutions to invest their clients’ money. To do this well, as a privately held company, we place a high degree of value in nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to being an employer of choice. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com.