Analyst, Investor Insights (Fixed Income)
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
- The Analyst creates and develops presentations, whitepapers and client-oriented collateral material related to fixed income. Requirements include the compilation, research and analysis of new/existing data; trend analysis; presentation creation, and project-based work.
- Working independently to collect and analyze data to support various technically-oriented projects is required. The ability to leverage problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to work through issues and draw conclusions to develop client-ready presentations will be an expectation.
- The Analyst will act as the primary analytical resource on fixed income for the Investor Insights team. This will include various analyses, including industry trends and investment themes.
- The Fixed Income Analyst will work independently and in close collaboration with senior members of the Investment Solutions Group and the investments team to collect, analyze, and maintain data from industry conferences, consultants, academia and third-party data sources.
- S/he will contribute to the development of training tools, videos, white papers and discussion guides to enhance MFS's distribution expertise and dialog with clients.
- The Analyst will be called upon to assist other teams in the Investment Solutions Group and perform additional duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required; Progress towards CFA, MBA or other Master's degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of financial services experience with one or more years of the following required: asset manager, OCIO, plan sponsor or investment consulting.
- Ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of quantitative tools and techniques, and perform quantitative analysis required.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to synthesize and distill complex topics into simple and actionable messages is required.
- Deep understanding and comfort level with technical subject matter related to investments and global capital markets, fixed income in particular.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required; strong presentation experience preferred.
- Ability and willingness to create presentations and complex spreadsheets.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a member of a team comprised of highly qualified and technically-oriented subject-matter experts.
- Experience with some or all of the following tools is required: Factset, Optimization software, BARRA, Bloomberg, Morningstar, SharePoint. Extensive experience with Microsoft Office is required.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and manage multiple tasks simultaneously within tight deadlines.
- Superior analytical skills required.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. "Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement."