Senior Comms Investment Strategist
We are seeking a senior investment communications writer, editor and thinker with deep experience in ESG investing to join our Investment Communications team within the Portfolio Strategist Group. In this role you will partner with our investment teams to capture our best research and thinking around ESG investing and share it with clients across macroeconomic, market and portfolio construction issues. You will also help to support ESG investment content for our senior executives as part of our Executive Platform. You will be responsible for delivering dynamic investment management thought leadership content across a broad array of vehicles – magazine features, research summaries, investment viewpoint op-eds, web copy, blog posts, and executive communications. You will serve as a key thought leadership bridge between the investment and portfolio strategy teams and the broader marketing organization when it comes to ESG investing as well as broader macro and market insights.
You are a talented and strategic individual who can deliver institutional-quality content with a high degree of technical knowledge. You have a strong command of global financial and investment topics, especially with regard to ESG investing, a keen sense of business and sales priorities, and an ability to quickly grasp and communicate the relevance and distinguishing characteristics of one investment approach over another. Your passion will be evident through your proven ability to tell stories in various mediums and your point of view on the best medium through which to deliver the message. You will contribute to and lead strategy/brainstorming sessions as well as manage projects from ideation to final publication and educating client-facing teams on messaging and positioning.
- Well-developed editorial know-how and technical knowledge around ESG investing, allowing you to write and adapt content which appropriately targets our institutional clients
- A proven flair for conceiving and developing engaging, rich media content - Build strong, positive relationships with key external and internal partners to develop complex projects such as key investment publications, blog posts, power point presentations, and executive communications.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects, changing priorities and key partners at the same time
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, which enable you to effectively interact with senior executives, investment teams and channel managers globally, as well as external partners
- Strong interest in and in-depth knowledge of financial markets, the economy, and investment topics
- Strategic and creative thinker with attention to detail - Ability to work independently
- A real passion for delivering results and a proven track record of delivering projects in scope and on time
- Strong influencer and collaborator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Economics, Finance, Communications, Marketing or equivalent required
- 8–10 years writing and investment content development experience for an institutional audience in the investment management industry required, with demonstrated ESG expertise.
- Financial journalism background a plus - MBA/CFA or progress towards one or both a plus
SSGA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential is important to us. It’s also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.