Eventide Asset Management, LLC is a Boston-based Registered Investment Adviser and serves as the Adviser to Eventide Mutual Funds. Eventide was founded in 2008 with a vision to provide high performance values-based investments for individuals, financial advisors, and institutions. Eventide is seeking a Performance Analyst to help serve our current and future products. The ideal candidate will have both expertise in performance reporting and passion for values-based investing.
The Performance Analyst will be responsible for calculating and presenting performance and risk metrics to the investment and marketing teams. These data will also be used for marketing support and due diligence questionnaires. The Analyst will interpret and communicate the return and risk reporting information to clients and internal partners for funds and models. The Analyst will understand and generate various equity and fixed income performance and risk measurement analyses, obtain data and analysis in accordance with established procedures, create spreadsheet macros, and develop reports based upon marketing needs. In addition to the performance reporting responsibilities the analyst will also be contributing across many departments of this growing firm, including operations, marketing, and sales. The role has a diverse set of responsibilities, challenges, processes and stakeholders in a small, growing company and thus presents a unique opportunity for the right candidate to obtain broad investment industry experience.
Department: Portfolio Management
- Minimum 3 years experience working in investment performance and/or risk management required
- BA/BS or equivalent preferably in business/finance or mathematics
- Excel/MS Office proficiency a requirement
- Positive attitude with a willingness to work hard and be on a steep learning curve
- Attention to detail with demonstrated problem solving ability
- Must have a willingness to work on and learn new software applications
- Must have good communications skills and be a team player
- Designations such as CFA, CAIA, FRM, or CIPM strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) helpful
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate Eventide’s purpose in public forums
- Adheres to the highest ethical standards, personally and professionally
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works independently as well as on a team, to produce performance/risk analytics for the investment, compliance and marketing teams
- Manage due diligence request process and participate in RFPs and client meetings as required
- Resolve issues relating to performance and attribution measurement
- Respond to ad hoc requests for the investment and marketing groups
- Be a self-starter and work across departments to improve process and output
- Assist interpreting and writing commentary on performance results
- Calculate rates of return on multiple strategies
- Have comfort with factor-based analysis
- Manage daily NAV review/reconciliation and documentation
- Handle periodic client reporting and prepare custom reports with accuracy and quality
- Assist in trade reporting, equity and fixed income trade allocation
- Participate in Investment team meetings
Please contact Colin Delaney, Director of Portfolio Operations at email@example.com if you are interested in this position.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.