Investment Analyst (Quantitative)
Mackenzie Investments was founded in 1967 and is a leading investment management firm providing investment advisory and related services to retail and institutional clients. The company has $65.16 billion in assets under management, and as part of IGM (a subsidiary of the Power Financial Group of Companies), is the largest independent asset manager in Canada, with $155.76 billion.
Everything we do starts with the needs of investors, whether they are saving for a child's postsecondary education, setting money aside for the future needs of a family member with a disability, or funding their own retirement. In fact, our focus is summed up in our Vision statement: We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Our growth and success are the direct result of our employees, and we strive to create a workplace supported by the
following core values: Creativity and Innovation, Strong Decision Making, Collaboration, Courage, Honesty and Integrity, Confidence and Pride.
At Mackenzie Investments you can Build Your Career with Confidence by:
Changing the Game: We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them.
Making a Smarter World: We believe in continuous learning, understanding what is most important and sharing the benefits of that knowledge.
Being Proud: As a part of our team you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Joining an Unstoppable Team: We build teams that look out for each other, ask the best of each other and deliver the finest work.
Learning and Growing: We offer an environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn; getting the challenges and feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities.
Thriving in a Supportive Environment: We have created a workplace where your efforts and career are supported by your team and your leader.
Mackenzie Investments is looking for an Investment Analyst (Quantitative), for its Boston-based Global Quantitative Equity boutique. The candidate will be responsible for conducting quantitative research, advancing portfolio management analytics and performing portfolio management activities. As a member of this newly formed investment team you will contribute to the quantitative analysis of institutional portfolios and build and enhance portfolio modeling, management, and monitoring systems.
The ideal candidate is passionate about portfolio management, driven, innovative and creative, possesses strong decision making skills, is humble and has the highest standard of honesty and integrity. She/he is engaged and motivated by achieving excellence by being part of a team who strives continuously to be the best in its field.
The main responsibilities of the role:
• In conjunction with Portfolio Managers and Analysts in the team, assist in development of stock selection models for Emerging Markets, Global and International portfolios
• Research and improve portfolio construction and optimization techniques
• Create quantitative tools and infrastructure used to construct portfolios, conduct empirical research, and monitor portfolios
• Support day-to-day portfolio management activities
• Create presentation materials for Portfolio Managers
• Present analysis and investment ideas to Portfolio Managers
• Monitor research and events in the quantitative investment field with the goal of gaining investment and process insights that can enhance portfolio returns and risk management
• Understand global macroeconomics and global financial markets with the goal of generating insights to improve risk adjusted returns of portfolios
Minimum requirements for this role include:
• 3+ years of experience, including experience at a world-class asset manager, directly involved with quantitative stock selection research, portfolio construction and asset allocation
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Economics, Statistics or any other quantitative discipline
• CFA designation completed or in progress
• Advanced knowledge of programming (Python), database knowledge (SQL)
• Knowledge of Bloomberg, Factset, Axioma
• A “can do” attitude as part of an entrepreneurial group within an established firm
• Attention to detail and flexibility to work both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.