Institutional Sales, Liquid Alternatives
Westwood Holdings Group, Inc., provides investment management services to institutional investors, private wealth clients and financial intermediaries and manages $24.2 billion in assets as of December 31, 2017. The firm manages a range of investments strategies including U.S. equities, Global and Emerging Markets equities, Global Convertible securities, Multi-Asset and Master Limited Partnerships. Westwood benefits from significant, broad-based employee ownership and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “WHG.” Based in Dallas, TX, Westwood also maintains offices in Toronto, Canada, Boston, MA, and Houston, TX.
Experienced Liquid Alternatives sales professional with established institutional relationships and a history of successful revenue generation within the broad liquid alternatives universe including global convertibles, arbitrage and alternative income strategies. Responsible for identifying and cultivating prospects and follows up on new business opportunities, leads new business meetings, and closes sales. Collaborate with Sales and Client Service teams to broaden knowledge and positioning of these strategies with existing relationships. Act as advocate for these strategies with the broader firm.
- Responsible for increasing AUM for the firm through the design and implementation of a sales strategy with focus on liquid alternatives including alternative Income, convertible arbitrage and global convertible strategies. Meet predetermined targets for new revenue, new mandates, and sales activity.
- Identify, generate and execute on new business opportunities by developing and fostering relationships with institutional investors, plan sponsors, public funds, corporate pension plans, foundations, endowments, family offices and larger wealth management firms. Work side by side with colleagues to successfully execute on opportunities.
- Represent these complex strategies to increase visibility and raise assets within assigned territory.
- Diligently pursue new investment opportunities through consultative dialogues with prospective clients.
- Record activities and opportunities in CRM system on a timely basis.
- Maintain superior knowledge of clients, Westwood investment strategies and the marketplace. Keeps abreast of current trends and development opportunities.
- Participate in various initiatives to promote sales and grow/retain assets under management.
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree.
- CFA preferred
- FINRA series 63 and 6 or 7
Minimum Specific Experience Required:
- 5+ years of experience in an institutional sales role
- Experience with alternative income investment strategies and/or a willingness to learn
- Experience with global convertible strategies and/or a willingness and capacity to learn
- Successful track record selling to targeted markets including institutional plan sponsors, family offices, larger wealth managers, etc
Teamwork and Collaboration
Value and Respect Others
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep experience and knowledge of the institutional sales process.
- Proven ability in building and executing a business development plan.
- A professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character who has demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior.
- Track record of success in generating leads.
- Able to articulate a thorough understanding of target market for investment management services.
- An expert communicator with superior presentation, time management and organization skills. Adept at conveying how the idea or concept will help others.
- Friendly and approachable, communicating very well with many different styles.
- Focus on understanding others – who they are, what their likes/dislikes are, how they fit in with the other players in the organization
- Skillful with the emotional aspects of influencing others; connecting with others and leveraging the relationship to gain agreement
- Flexible and service-oriented, able to read others’ needs well and ensure their satisfaction; eager to find a mutually beneficial solution.
The physical demands required to perform the essential duties successfully are consistent with a professional office environment.
This position requires travel approximately 50% of the time. Travel is outside of the local area and may be outside of normal working hours.
This job description may be subject to change at any time.