Equity Analyst - Health Care
Primary focus on bottom up, fundamental analysis of large to mid-cap companies in the health care sector. Within assigned industries, conduct extensive industry research and analyze business factors such as financial performance, competitive positioning, growth and quality of earnings and related financial information of public corporations for purposes of generating value-added investment recommendations.
- Initiate and sustain high-level and differentiated fundamental equity analysis of publicly traded companies within the health care sector
- Energetically pursue diligent equity research through various sources of information
- Create comprehensive financial models and valuation analysis
- Generate and vigorously communicate value-added buy, sell and hold recommendations on individual securities as well as views on the attractiveness of industries
- Proactively participate in all research meetings with portfolio managers
- Master’s degree and CFA preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years relevant investment experience
- Proven track record of success in generating alpha
- Superior understanding of securities analysis, valuation methods, qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Excellent research knowledge, analysis and decision making skills.
- Strong math orientation and numerical aptitude
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Hard working with high level of integrity and ambition
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team which includes the ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Advance computer skills and strong attention to detail
Eaton Vance is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of Eaton Vance, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Eaton Vance, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.