Senior Analyst, Alternative Sales
What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Analyst, Alternative Sales with RBC Wealth Management you will provide business development research to the Alternative Sales Managers that drive sales and aid in asset retention within the team’s specific territories. Work independently, with the institutional sales team and with other internal resources to provide marketing, sales, and resource support identifying successful and profitable relationships and partnering on key deals. Strive to increase firm and team productivity by streamlining processes and procedures.
What will you do?
- Work with the Alternatives Sales Managers and CRM system to strategically develop and implement the team’s business development plan, cultivate the team’s assigned territory, foster new relationships, provide first-class customer service, and ultimately drive sales.
- Assist the sales team on territory support, maintain up-to-date research on target markets/sectors utilizing industry databases (MMD, Preqin, etc.) to research and define selling opportunities around specific market segments (Public, Corporate, Insurance, E&F, etc.).
- Create business plans, maintenance of CRM and reporting, and management of communications in regards to prospective clients and assist with email distribution to prospects – work with sales team to successfully analyze email distribution data to support a targeted and focused selling effort. Work with the Alternatives Sales team to ensure timely and accurate information on alternative sale prospects in the firm’s CRM and manage all output, including tracking and analyzing sales and call reports.
- Manage our responses to prospect and client inquiries (e.g. quarterly questionnaires, RFI’s, RFPs, sales reports, marketing campaigns, due diligence analysis, etc.) as they relate to Alternatives products. Support the RFP Team and Sales Team as needed to gather accurate, timely and quality information from the Business and review draft to ensure the RFP/questionnaire is customized to prospects' needs.
- Establish regional and market segment specific email distribution lists and manage and maintain distribution lists ongoing and develop a working knowledge of the investment capabilities/solutions that the alternatives sales team markets.
- Analyze competitor data to gain greater understanding into differentiators and product gaps and keep current with economic, industry, and market news, and client sentiment.
- Conduct research projects to develop better insights and understanding of specific market segments and trends and participate in prospect meetings/calls, prepare agendas and materials, and document meeting minutes and prepare and coordinate all aspects relating to sales presentations and due diligence visits. These include: logistics, prep packs, presentation booklets, briefing memos, agendas, etc.
- Assist Sales Managers with coordinating prep sessions with Subject Matter Experts/Portfolio Managers for prospect meetings and provide conference support to the sales team, alongside Marketing, with conference planning and follow up.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree required - in Finance, Business or related field preferred with 2+ years financial services industry (investment management and/or mutual funds) experience
- FINRA Series 3, 7, and 63
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects on an ongoing basis in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment
- Must be extremely detail oriented and demonstrate exceptional project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, grammatical and oral communication skills
- Industry Designations i.e. CAIA, CIMA, CFA, etc.
- Experience with a CRM system
- Experience working with alternative products, i.e. Hedge Funds, preferred
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Client First: We will always earn the right to be our clients’ first choice
- Collaboration: We win as One RBC
- Accountability: We take ownership for personal and collective high performance
- Diversity & Inclusion: We embrace diversity for innovation and growth
- Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest standards to build trust