Principal Business Intelligence Analyst, Liberty Mutual Investments
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
When you enter a Principal Business Intelligence Analyst position at Liberty Mutual Investments, you'll find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you'll find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and focus on developing its employees' careers. The Principal Business Intelligence Analyst role provides a unique opportunity for a highly analytical candidate to join the Reference Data and Control team that is responsible for detailed data management and support of market reference data & valuations of LMI’s $85b portfolio.
In this role the Principal Business Intelligence Analyst reports to the Director of Reference Data and Control and is responsible for managing the reporting and analytic environment within LMI. This role will work with internal users/stakeholders across the front and middle office to gather and identify business requirements, collect metrics to assess data quality, assist in the remediation of systematic errors and escalate issues. The Principal BI Analyst will work with internal IT teams and outside vendors to understand the business requirements, high level design, and current system capabilities. This individual must have strong investment data profiling, investment data research and investment data analysis skills to create an integrated view that can be used to drive decision making. Knowledge of various types of investments and their characteristics, including equities, fixed income investments and alternative investments is a must. The Principal BI Analyst must be skilled in developing and applying knowledge of data sources, uses of data, and relationships of data from separate systems including IBOR, ABOR, GL and Performance & Attribution. The Principal BI Analyst will work with several large databases (e.g. SQL) in order to design and build reports, dashboards, alerts, and perform analysis.
• Design and develop enterprise-wide investment data analysis and reporting solutions through data visualization, analytics and decision-support tools.
• Provide application analysis and data modeling design to collect data for centralized data warehouse
• Extract investment data from databases and data warehouses for reporting and to facilitate sharing between multiple systems
• Standardize investment data collection by developing methods for databases design and validation reports
• Monitor key metrics, utilizing technology to support effective communication of these metrics
• Identify and implement new data analysis continuous improvement opportunities
• Analyze data, drawing unique insights while considering multiple perspectives
• Gather and analyze data in relation to industry trends and competitive positioning
• Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies
• Determine effective ways to present conclusions to the intended audience, utilizing Tableau, PowerPivot or other relevant modeling tools
• Present insights and conclusions to stakeholders in a confident, compelling and easy to understand manner
• Assist in POC design partnering with BI IT team in order to integrate into enterprise solution
• Collaborate closely with BI IT team to optimize solutions, provide technical support and guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business, finance, math, and/or accounting or economics
- Strong knowledge of finance and investment management
- Experience supporting quantitative risk management roles a plus
- 1-2 years expertise in report development and administration with BI software programs, e.g. Oracle, Tableau, IBM Cognos or Microsoft Power BI and PowerPivot.
- 1-2 years data warehouse, data quality, and business intelligence report development experience
- 8-10 years of relevant investment work experience in middle or front office role.
- Proficient in the use of query and reporting analysis tools
- Knowledge and passion around tools to support data analytics and communications
- Ability to effectively manage complexity and ambiguity
- Knowledge of data warehousing structures, data cleansing and data integrity techniques
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to collaborate with non-technical business users in addition to data and software engineers
Benefits: We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Overview: At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.