Strategy and Product Development
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Asset Management, a division of Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, strives to help clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment options managed by specialized investment teams that are supported by independent risk management and backed by superior, collaborative service. With more than $504 billion in assets under management as of January 12, 2018, Wells Fargo Asset Management has 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes, more than 500 investment professionals, and a global reach with offices and clients around the world.
We are seeking an individual contributor to participate in and drive various new product development initiatives for Wells Fargo Asset Management. This individual will be part of a small team that has a high impact on the organization's profitability and success by leading initiatives that keep our product set and capabilities at the forefront of the industry.
The Investment Product Manager will conduct industry landscape reviews, define and articulate industry trends, and ultimately propose additive solutions to our business. The proposals generated by this individual will be presented to the most senior level leaders of our business including discipline such as Sales, Product, Investment and Operations.
This individual will have a blend of business and investment skills, with a working knowledge of competitive forces in the asset management industry. The position will successfully partner with Senior Product Development Managers in the research, design and creation of new products and investment offerings.
- Assigned activities across Product Development, Strategy, and competitive intelligence, especially business case development.
- Partner closely with Product Management, Investments, Sales, Strategy, and other groups for discovery and evaluation of opportunities.
- Thoroughly research, design, and test new product solutions;
- Communicate and present initiatives broadly across our organization, at both senior and staff levels.
- Influence senior leader decision making and successfully negotiate critical issues related to initiatives.
One position is available in either Boston or San Francisco.
- 6+ years of investment product industry experience
- 6+ years of strategic planning and development experience
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze financial metrics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or comparable professional designation
- Ability to evaluate risks and the impact of decisions on an overall organization
- Ability to influence executive decision-making and successfully negotiate critical issue resolution related to program initiatives
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Knowledge and understanding of business planning and analysis
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Investment knowledge at both the macro level as well as the individual product level
- Product Development and Analysis experience in an investment management/mutual fund environment is required.
- Proven success in directly facilitating cross-functional teams; Ability to interface with all functional areas of the fund company, including Sales, Investments, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Operations, Tax, Fund Accounting, etc.
- Ability to effectively utilize interpersonal and communication skills to convey complex ideas, and develop consensus
If Interested, please contact: Brett Janis, SVP Strategy, Wells Fargo Asset Management
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Management Consulting Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Private Equity/Venture Capital Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Asset Management CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors